Terms & Conditions
Please read below for the terms and conditions that all clients of Creatively Simple Solutions must adhere to. By accepting the work estimate, clients are accepting these terms.
1. Payment Terms- Initial Down Payment required before Contractor begins work is fifty percent of the quoted project price. Final payment is due to Contractor within 10 days following assignment completion; the point at which the final product is relinquished to Client and an invoice is submitted. In the event of assignment cancellation or dissolution of this contract by the Client, the balance owed, including any outstanding billable expenses as described in Item 2, will be paid to the Contractor within 10 days of assignment cancellation. Late fees of 1.5% per day will be assessed after 10 days of non-payment. The Client agrees to pay $35.00 per occurrence in the event a check is returned for insufficient funds or any other reason. In the event of default in payment, the Client will assume responsibility for all collection of legal fees necessitated by default in payment.
2. Billable Expenses- The Client shall reimburse the Contractor for all direct billable expenses arising from this assignment, regardless of whether the assignment is cancelled or terminated. Billable expenses include but are not limited to costs of printing, images, subcontracting talent, software, any travel, research, postage and delivery, photocopying, or licensing needed to complete assignment.
3. Cancellation- The Client maintains the right to cancel this contract within 24 hours of signing but before any preliminary work is completed with no obligation of payment and a refund of Down Payment. Cancellation after project/assignment has begun is subject to a prorated refund of Down Payment depending on amount of time already completed on the assignment, but with no obligation for the balance. Any other termination of the assignment shall be considered a cancellation subject to the stipulations of Item 1. In the event that the Contractor is not adhering to the agreement or there is a misrepresentation of work completed, the contract may be dissolved with no recourse or obligation to the Client as well as a full refund.
4. Contact- Only the sole designated persons will make and receive all communications in regards to the assignment. Any assignment approvals or communications must be done between the two above named parties. Either party has the right to change its designated person upon one calendar day notice to the other.
5. Ownership- The Client acknowledges and agrees that the Contractor retains ownership of all work, in any media, including digital files, whether preliminary or final. The Contractor maintains the right to use any preliminary designs or completed work in future marketing materials, design competitions, or other promotional needs for the Contractor’s benefit. The Client may continue to use artwork for the intended use as described by this agreement with no time limitations but can not be used for any other purposes not outlined in this agreement. Failure to meet this qualification can result in legal recourse. Upon cancellation of assignment, the Client must relinquish any work already submitted to the Client and agrees not to publish or use for any purpose as the contractual obligation between the two parties has been dissolved.
6. Modification of Terms- Any modifications of these terms and conditions must be written, except that the invoice may include, and the Client shall pay, fees or expenses that were orally authorized by the Client in order to progress promptly with the assignment.
7. Confidentiality- The Contractor agrees to protect any sensitive and confidential business, personal, financial, or legal knowledge obtained throughout the course of said agreement with the Client. The Contractor however maintains the right to work for any entity, whether being competition of the Client or otherwise.
8. Originality- The Contractor warrants and represents that, to the best of her knowledge, the work assigned hereunder is original and has not been previously published, or that consent to use has been obtained on an unlimited basis.
9. Liability- Client agrees that it shall not hold the Contractor liable for any incidental or consequential damages caused by the Client’s use of the product and to the extent that such use infringes on the rights of others.
10. Errors and Omissions- It is the Client’s responsibility to check proofs carefully for accuracy in all respects, ranging from spelling to technical illustrations. The Contractor is not liable for errors or omissions.